Home Sweet Home!

Grand Forks Travel Blog

I was born March 29th, 1981 in Grand Forks, ND. It's not the most exciting place to grow up, but I am glad I had the chance to grow up in such a safe and serene city! There are no skyscrapers, or mountains, or amusement parks, or zoo's in this place. There is no rush hour traffic jams or freeways. You can see the stars at night and breathe the clean air all the time!

Grand Forks thrives off the Univeristy that is there. Which is also where I went to college! (graduated 2004). The University of North Dakota! Our univeristy if best known for our Division 1 Hockey Teams and our Division 2 Football team! Hockey is what I grew up on and played for most of my life! Still to this day, my favorite hockey team to watch play is the Sioux! Aside from the athletics, it is also a great school to get a great education! We have one of the top aviation programs in the nation! So when you meet a student at UND who's not from anywhere NEAR North Dakota, you know one thing for sure. They are there just for the aviation program!

This is a great place to visit and travel if you are into hunting, fishing, and history. There is a TON of history in ND. I haven't even seen all of it myself! However,  from time to time I will try add links of places to visit and also add some picture's of where I grew up, my family and anything else I want to add. If you have any questions about this place don't hesitate to ask! I know it's not the top place to travel, but if you are looking for some place different to go you may enjoy it! PLUS! it would be a very CHEAP trip to take!

There is nothing like a hot summer day, sitting on the lake or tubing down a river with a cooler of beer at your side!

www.und.nodak.edu/

www.ndtourism.com/

WaltJake says:
This is one of only 5 states in the continental US I have never been too...I'll have to find some way to work it into my itinerary!
Posted on: Feb 09, 2007
travelman727 says:
Great comments about the Roughrider State! I have enjoyed a few beautiful June days in your wonderful neck of the woods :-D
Posted on: Feb 06, 2007