Couchsurfing, Wall-E and Guitar Hero!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

This weekend we had our very first Couchsurfing experience when we hosted 3 lovely Polish students in our spare room. Of course, the more the merrier in our household so we threw a 'party' too!

Sanne, Mark and Stefan all came over, bearing gifts! Since none of us wanted to go out (and we have the least room-mates) we provided the location and our guests bought Mark's TV, Stefan's Nintendo Wii, and beer and food!! This is definitely the way to host a party by the way guys. We basically had to open the front door, that was our contribution.

I have to take a moment to say how much we appreciate our friends, we couldn't ask for better people!

We spent most of the night on the Wii, though we did watch WALL-E which I think is just the most gorgeous film. I will also readily admit that I was absolute shite at Guitar Hero... though with a bit of practice I could out-Wii Jimi Hendrix don't you worry....

The point of this entry was actually to advocate, not only do I think it is a really worthwhile idea (most of you don't need the spiel as there are so many TBs on Couchsurfing already); I also feel a bit like the website is flagging. There seems to be a lot less activity and participation than previous years and I want to change that. Travbuddies are so amazing at participating, I feel like CS needs a bit of a revival. All of us has at some point relied on the kindness of strangers. What better than to pay it forward by helping out other travelers in this way?

photo by: pearcetoyou