Getting there is 1/2 the fun!

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

My baby boy, waiting for my cab...he isn't very happy with me

After a day of Olympic type packing, jumping over the dog and dodging the cat, I got off on time and kicked back in a pub in Atlanta.

First funny thing…sitting in the pub, some guy asked for a diet coke…only have pepsi….oh, okay, I’ll have a margarita. J Everyone was cracking up.

The flight from Atlanta to Frankfurt was uneventful and without sleep as I thought it would be. I just don’t sleep on planes. But business class…the only way to go. My knee hurts, but isn’t stiff and I was able to keep it stretched all night. Woo hoo…Poor folks in regular seating had to listen to some baby scream for 8 hours straight. I was thinking about 20 minutes into the flight that a shot of Jack Daniels might not hurt.

I’m sitting in the airport in the business class lounge. All the food and beverages you want, no charge (if you consider the $7000 price of my seat free). I even took a shower. But I’m so fucking overheated right now that I couldn’t even put makeup on. It just ran down my face. By the time I’m done snacking and having a beer, maybe it will be safe to try again.

My flight for India departs in about 3 hours, so I’ll be heading to the other concourse shortly.

Sitting here though, I wish my youngest daughter, Keea could join me. Every time I hear German, I think of her and how much she enjoyed living in Germany for the year!

dahling says:
oh, I could have met you for coffee
Posted on: Oct 15, 2008
My baby boy, waiting for my cab...…
My baby boy, waiting for my cab..…