To Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

View of the Fishguard Harbour on my way to Rosslare.

My ferry ride was fairly uneventful. A comfortable ferry, I sat reading my book ��" which ever one it was at the time. In approximately 2 hours we pulled into Rosslare Harbour, which is about 2hours south of Dublin. I got a bus to the Ferry terminal area to collect my baggage and get a bus ticket to Dublin. It was quite a bit of travel to get there but I wasn’t in any rush.

I got on the bus with only another and we began the journey along the coast north. There were quite a few stops along the way, which gave me a chance to check out some quaint little towns. We picked up a lot of Irish people and I enjoyed listening to their accents as they nattered in the background.

They spoke of everyday things but it all seemed more to me just because of the accent. I really enjoy listening to the Irish. It was a beautiful drive up to Dublin, the 2 hours definitely worth it just to take in the east coast of the country.

I got into Dublin at about 5.30pm. The first thing I noticed about Dublin was how it was a lot more  modern than I expected and how busy the streets were with buses and coaches. That has been my problem in my travels. I am a tourist and places of interest are going to become commercialised and packed full of other tourists.

My hostel, Paddy’s Palace, was a 5-minute walk from the bust station so was pretty easy to find. A lot o Dublin’s hostels seem to be in that area near the bus station. I checked into my hostel, dumped my stuff and went for a wander about the city. At 9pm it was still daylight. I went back to the hostel, made some dinner and went to bed. The full day of travel had tired me and I wanted to be up early the following morn for a bus tour of the city.

View of the Fishguard Harbour on m…
View of the Fishguard Harbour on …
Dublin