Your Permanent Residence expires...not!

Singapore Travel Blog

For flights going to United States, there's this prelimary security check that they do in Changi airport just before you go to the check in counters. A security officer will interrogate you about your purpose of travel to the US, where you'll stay, etc. and then also if you have any liquids on your carry-on bag. I am fine with these checks but I do wish the officers know what they are asking, especially if it's 4 in the morning and you have barely had any sleep.

Officer: Are you working in the US?

Me: No, I work and live here (Singapore).

Officer: (looking at my Permanent resident's card) Your PR will expire when you go out of Singapore, you know...

Me: (dumbfounded) Huh? I've been going in and out of Singapore for the past 2 years as a PR (A PR pass is good for multiple entries for 5 years).

After checking with her supervisor she came back to me and said nothing more about it. Then she asked if I have liquids in my carry-on bag. I said yes, and they are in my small transparent pouch bag with a zipper. She said no, it must be on a ziploc and she gave me a ziploc bag.

Ohhhkaaaay.

smuffygt says:
I was just teasing. And no I'm not a jerk. Most people know that! :P
JeAr says:
nako, agapan yan, magpa-derma! :D
coffeefairy says:
awww, Joshua, don't cry, it wasn't you :)

jear, yeah, nagkakawrinkles tuloy ang aking fez :P