Just another day in San Diego, California

San Diego Travel Blog

Makena, 22 months young

A relax day. Nothing to do, just helping my friends with shopping, going for a cup of coffee. I didn’t tell you why he is a friend. He is Jewish and in the 2nd WW he was hidden in the house where I live now. My grandmother and my father hid him during the war. He visited us 2 times. The first time was about 14 years ago, together with his second daughter. He has two daughters, Kimberly and Robyn. I have visited him the first time when he was still living in Fresno, California. I had a roundtrip there, and afterwards I had 3 extra days to visit him. This was in 1996. I went back to them in 1998, because I love San Francisco and did not see too much of it. He was there with his daughter so I met him there and drove with him to Fresno.

Robyn, Makena and David
After this visit I visited his brother in Pacific palisades, close to the Santa Monica boulevard. But this is a blog I still have to write. In 2002 his daughter got married and they invited me to come over. So I planned a tour all through the east coast (yes east) and before that I flew to San Diego to be there at her wedding.

Now she (Robyn)  has her husband David and a lovely child called Makena and they live also in
San Diego. Today we are going to visit her and I finally going to meet there granddaughter. We drove to them and played with the little girl, we walked for 1 hour, and we had a lovely diner at there place. They had prepared salmon for us. It was great! I sahre some pictures of there huge house. It was late and dark and he is not allowed to drive in the dark, so I drove there car back home.

There entree