Arriving in Lima

Schiphol Travel Blog

What to do if you want to visit a friend in
San Diego and always wanted to see Machu Picchu? Easy, you go to a 5 day meet-up in Lima, Peru first J

Tuesday morning
5am, I start my car (volvo) and drove to my uncle in Lichtenvoorde.

I fly this time with KLM
He and his wife will bring me to schiphol so that I don't have to leave my car for 2 weeks at schiphol airport. There was no traffic at all so I was indeed 3 hours before departure on Schiphol. I even did not need to be that early, I had already checked in thru the internet. But 1 hour later and then I would probably be in a traffic jam. So I went to the counter and saw a new luggage-check-in point. Lets try that. A nice girl from KLM was standing next to it to help if you need it. There were also 2 computer-engineers there who wrote everything down what possible can go wrong. It was in an experimental stage. But it worked very well! Just hold your ticket for a reader and it knows who you are, then answer a few questions and drop your luggage in the box. So I was then 2 hours and 45 minutes to early. Time for a coffee I would say and while my uncle still was there, we sat down for an hour or so and then they left. Customs was easy and after a little shopping (i did not buy anything) I went to the gate. The plain was on time and after a flight of almost 13 hours with no sleep at all, I landed in Lima. It took a little while to get through the customs but after this it was no problem to find my luggage again and went to the exit. I knew that Lili, who would pick me up, was not able to pick me up immediately so I strolled around a little bit and got some Peruvian money, soles.
To the gate.
Then I already got the first call from Lili that she was on her way to pick me up. 15 minutes later she called again and asked me where I am, but then I hear her shouting: I SEE YOU !! After a big hug we went to her car. It is really great to meet Lili after a lot of talking on TravBuddy!

She brought me to my hotel and I checked in. She inspected my room (she didn't know this hotel) and I just left my luggage there and both of us went to the meeting point in front of the church (first time). Yadi and Rene are there waiting for us. Meeting Yadi is person, the girl with the most (mini)-meet-ups I think. After a little talking about my trip and Lima, the 4 of us went for a cup of coffee. It didn't take long and Jim arrived also. Rene needed a place to sleep for 4 nights so I offered him to share my room with him. He would come to my hotel the next morning to bring his luggage.

My flightnumber