New York New York!

New York Travel Blog

The first time I took a trip to New York was the summer of 2005. I went there with a few of my closest friends. It was a brilliant and unique experience! We'd planned to basically drive across America, starting in NY. The entire journey was to last around about 3 months, depending on our money situation. Our flight from England was arranged for something like 6am UK time, so boys being boys, we decided to go out to a club before setting off to the airport. I think this set the tone for our time in America. Just a lot of fun and kinda a lot of drinking. I cant really describe the initial feeling of seeing New York. We've all seen the movies, and the TV shows. But nothing really can sum up those initial moments of seeing everything for the first time. It really is pretty breath taking and awe inspiring. I remember just having the stupidest grin on my face for hours. For the first 5 night's we'd booked a hostel in the lower east side of Manhattan, called Jazz on the town. It was a pretty small place, but the best thing about it was the roof! After being there for about an hour we found a local store (it wasn't hard, there was loads!) and we bought some beers to drink. We retreated to the roof and pretty much watched the sun go down on our new city. It was one of the greatest nights I've had. Again, I cant describe it as well as I'd love to.