My first 2 Scandinavian TB's: Tone & Christian - Skål

Lima Travel Blog

Tone & Yadi
After almost 1 year of being in touch, I finally met Tone in person. She's traveling around the world, how lucky! and Peru was part of her tour. I don't remember exactly who contacted whom, but I'm so glad someone did it.  Anyway, I was trying to help her as much as possible with her Peru adventure and the day was coming closer. She arrived on Sunday and we agreed to meet on Monday. In the meanwhile, I saw there was a TB from Denmark living in Lima, mmm. I contacted him and we agreed to meet on Monday too, hahaha. This would be a busy day for this TB-addict. But you know, I love it!!!!

I met Tone at 5pm. It was quite of funny, because I couldn't see her face in any of the pics here and I was wearing glasses, so it wasn't so easy to recognize to each other, but we did it! Then we drove to the Love Park.
We had more than enough time to take a walk and wait for the sunset there. The view is just lovely! Tone came from Norway and was telling me, it was freezing at home. So it felt really good to be back to the warm weather. Before going back home, she was traveling around South East Asia, enjoying warm weather too. She's a sweet girl and we were chatting as old friends, who haven't seen in a long time. We also talked about a TB friend we have in common: "Lord Mike". Actually, he tried to surprise me saying he was sending a Norwegian TB to Lima... I asked him: "Isn't this TB Tone?" hahaha, "old news" hahaha. Tone was telling me what she did her 1st day in Lima and we were just relaxing there.

The sunset was gorgeous. Looked so nice!!! Around 6:30pm Christian arrived.
Yadi, Tone & Christian :)
I told him we were near the big statue. No way, he'd miss us, hahaha. I could remember his face from the pics on TB and also he was the only guy looking for someone there, hahaha. Oh! a big bonus, he speaks Spanish, so no problem for him to ask for directions. He has been living in South America for a few months and arrived to Lima recently. He just joined the site and is loving it, who doesn't?

Tone had to meet another TB at 7:30pm also in the area, but it was still early and we were having a great time, just chatting. So I suggested to go to Tayta (my favorite bar) and needed to say anything else. We drove there and asked for Maracuya Sours for me and Tone. This would be her 1st experience with Pisco, our liquor. Christian got a beer. It was almost 7:30pm, so Tone went to meet Jenny.
they have a new promotion for after office: "after working... a drink to relax"
It was just crossing the park. Christian and me waited for her at the bar. Christian was telling me about his South American adventure and how much he likes Lima, great!!!

After a while Tone came back. She came not just with Jenny, but also with Cinthia and Lisset, who are also TB. They ordered pisco sours and joined us. Cinthia is organizing a karaoke meet up on wednesday. I told Christian about that earlier and he agreed to assist on Wed, great! The more, the merrier! :) Unfortunately, they couldn't stay long. Jenny lives far away and the other girls had to study early next morning. But it was so nice, they could meet Tone although it was briefly.

The 3 of us stayed there a bit longer. Had some local beer and kept on chatting. Tone and Christian are traveling around by theirselves, so it was great I could introduce them to each other. Now they have somebody to hang out with, how cool!!!! I wish, I'd have been able to stay longer but... a) I had to work next morning & b) I was driving. So I wouldn't party that night... I left the bar and left the 2 new friends chilling out there. But before leaving we agreed to meet tomorrow for lunch. I'd introduce them to the Peruvian Cuisine :)

yadilitta says:
of course! just good things :)
Posted on: Mar 25, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
I hope the talk about me was all good!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2009
Yadi, Tone & Christian :)
they have a new promotion for afte…
they have a new promotion for aft…
the kiss at the Love Park