Visiting Casacor (an Architectural Annual Exhibition) with Mal :)

Lima Travel Blog

Today was a laaaaaaaazy day. Everybody got up past noon, haha. Well, almost everyone. I went to the gym at 11am, haha, the crazy one :P At what point last night, we talked about meeting on Saturday, but I could see it wouldn't happen, haha. I was at home just updating my blog when I read this Saturday would be the last one for the Lima's Architectural Annual Exhibition. I visit it yearly. You can see the new ideas and tendences. My parents are both architects, so Casacor is always a must. Suddenly I had an idea: why don't go to Casacor with Mal this year? He's an architect too and would love to do it. Well, I wasn't wrong and as soon as I mentioned this idea to Mal, he was asking at what time we would meet, haha.

Casacor changed location yearly and this time they remodelated 2 old houses in Barranco.
Casa Dasso
I'll write a full review about Casacor. If you are in town while Casacor is going on and you like to see something related to Architecture, visit it! It's forbidden taking pictures there; otherwise I'd have taken tons of them, uffff. Ok, back to the story. We met in Barranco and went for the tickets. There were 31 rooms to see in the first house. It was so nice going with someone who appreciates the design so much. He was checking every single detail and trying every chair, sofa, haha. The house had different rooms and you could see bedrooms, kitchens, dinning rooms, studios, bathrooms, etc. But one room was very interesting for us: "The Globe Trekker's  Studio" haha. Maybe this would be an inspiration for the HQ, haha. More than a decoration idea, it's about travels' memories. I like that concept!

Then we moved to the second house, which was the Peruvian House "Casa Peruana".
Mal with wine and kitty
The idea of mixing Peruvian with Contemporary Ideas was very interesting. We were checking every room.  They even had one for the Peruvian Dog, haha. I think Gunther would love it, since it has a bath tub, a small table for his friends and even a closet, haha. We saw a bar there. They had some Cuzquenas (beer), but I thought they were on sale... until a girl came and asked the guy if the beers were just on sale. The guy said they were for free. What?! Ok, we were thirsty and got 2 beers, haha. They weren't cold, but the wheater was a bit cool, so they were cold enough, haha. With our beer we kept on walking and ended the tour.

It was still early, didn't want to go back home and since we were in Barranco we went to the Angel's place just to chill out. We took a sit and I noticed something was coming to us.
playing with the cat
It was the cat from the owner, haha. It started to play with us while we were having somethign to drink. Mal got a glass of wine and I got just a soda. We started to chat. I don't know if I have said it before, but I feel so lucky Mal decided to stay in Lima for so long. We became good friends and talk about everything all the time, haha. We were getting a bit hungry, but wanted to eat something fresh. Mal remembered the salad I had once and we ended going to one of my favorite bakeries in Miraflores to get a delicious and tasty salad, but we would spoil ourselves and have a glass of wine too. ;)

Ok, time to go back home. It was getting late. Plans for tomorrow? Well, with Mal we don't usually make plans. Just give a call 2 hours ahead, haha.

yadilitta says:
You're right, haha. It was my pleasure. I'm happy you joined me!
Posted on: Nov 04, 2008
malvin_soh says:
The best plan is often not having one at all...I think we respond to spontaneity best!
Thanks for taking me to Casacor...it gave me a different experience to peruvian home culture and design.
Posted on: Nov 04, 2008
whos here?
who's here?
Lima Sights & Attractions review
Casa cor Peru
Peruvian cultural is growing, not just in the gastronomy or fabric industry, but also in interior design. Casa Cor Peru is a yearly exposition, and th… read entire review
Lima