Showing around Lima to the sweet twin sisters :)

Lima Travel Blog

enjoying a delicious lunch
Wow! It was incredibly hot today. It seems to me that the summer came back and reloaded, although it never left, hahaha. Yesterday, Evelyn told me they'd go to the museum in the morning and we agreed to meet for lunch, for fish & seafood - yummy!!!

It was around 11am when she called me, letting me know that they were in their way to the museum. Ok, I just came back from the gym :P I was updating my blog and playing with Gunther. Evelyn called me back around 2:30pm telling me they were ready with the museum and would take a cab back to the hostel. Perfect! Meet you there, girls!

Today I was driving, my idea was to show them around Lima and needed wheels for that, hehe. The girls were telling me they enjoyed the museum and being able to learn more about our history, not just the ancient, but also the recently.
Cebiche Isla especial - fresh!!!
Mmm, I was thinking where to go and decided to go to another area of the city and go to a restaurant where the locals like to go. We found the perfect parking spot and the place was cool. It has high ceilings and a fan just direct in front of our table, sweet!!! We ordered something to drink and a cebiche to share as appetizer. The most traditional cebiche is the freshest and refreshing, good choice!

I was so glad, they had a really good time at the museum. We were talking about that and I was telling them how I (as a Lima citizen) felt those unsafe days. We ordered our entrees. I got a special cebiche with crab meat - yes, more cebiche, haha. I just love it and can't have enough, hahaha. Evelyn likes the rice and got the "Arroz con Mariscos" (Rice & Seafood) and Alba got the "Jalea Mixta" (fried fish and seafood).
new condos in Barranco
It was a lot of food, but was very tasty. We were just chatting, enjoying the not warm enviroment and I was trying to give some history lessons, hahaha, but it was time to keep on moving.

It was late to go to the huacas, but perfect time for Barranco. We drove there, found perfect parking place, again! They found Barranco so charming and peaceful. Yes, it is! We went to the point view to get a nice view of the sea and it was perfect since it wasn't cloudy at all. We stayed there for a while and walked for a bit longer around Barranco, giving another history lesson, haha. We stopped at a store to get some water and don't know why we couldn't open the bottles, haha. A clerk had to do it for us, if they wanted us to buy them, hahaha. It was about getting time for the sunset and it'd be wonderful to watch it at the Love Park in Miraflores.
Sunset in Miraflores 6:22pm
We'd have time to arrive there.

We arrived on perfect time. We were able to walk around for a bit, before the sunset started. The park was full of couples and people in general. It was a beautiful day, great view and it started to cool down, how great!!! The sunset started, what a beautiful show!!! We all loved the colors of the sky and sea. I'm so lucky I leave next to the ocean and can admire sunsets like that daily, when during summer time, hehehe.

After the sunset we started to walk to the next parks. It was getting dark, but people were still hanging out there. It was so peaceful there. Families, friends, everyone happy - summer mood! I don't know why, but cebiche always makes me thirsty. I asked the girls if they'd like to try a refreshing "cremolada" which is crushed ice with different flavors.
with Evelyn :)
They agreed and the perfect place for it was just 1 1/2 block away from where I parked, hahaha.

We enjoyed refreshing and tasty fruit cremoladas, while kept on chatting. It was getting late, but early to go out. I knew they'd visit the huaca and indian market next morning, so we drove near them, so they could know where to go, hahaha. I left the girls at the hostel, feeling sad but also happy of being able to meet such wonderful girls. Next day, they'd go to downtown. Hope they kept on enjoying Lima  :)

They are very lucky to have each other to travel around. I love traveling solo, but I wouldn't mind having a twin sis! OMG! 2 Yadis!!! Maybe too much, hahaha.
with Evelyn :)
Arroz con Mariscos - Rice with sea…
Arroz con Mariscos - Rice with se…
view of Chorrillos from Barranco
view of Chorrillos from Barranco
sisters taking pics in Barranco :)
sisters taking pics in Barranco :)
Miraflores buildings at the sunset…
Miraflores buildings at the sunse…
Sunset was getting closer