Now it was time for Pisco, yep!

Lima Travel Blog

Cheers! Matt this is for you! :)
During the morning Steve and Mal went to downtown and did sightseeing there. Mal was an excellent host and helped Steve. Steve wanted to do paragliding, but I called and one of the guys there told me there wasn't enough wind, better try tomorrow.  So, this would still be part of Steve's "Things to do in Lima". Nevermind, we would meet later. At 7pm we met at Larcomar, before going for our piscos we got something to eat. Mal got anticuchos; Steve would try them on Friday, hehe.

Around 8pm we went to Mango's. I suggested to go there, not only because it's a nice restaurant with nice view, but also because they had "Happy Hour", haha. We found a nice table and the waiter came to give us the menu. Why did he give me the drink menu? haha. I asked him about the Happy Hour and he told us, there wasn't  anyone.
come and try the Pisco Sour!
What!?!?! We were there because of it and I checked that on their website. The waiter decided to go and ask to the administrator. He came back with a positive answer, haha.

We ordered the traditional Pisco Sour and Maracuya Sour (passion fruit). Mal & Steve got the classic ones and I got the Maracuya one, hehe. Steve liked it, but found it too sour, nevertheless he finished it, hehe. We were just talking about cars, haha, a boys' talk, haha, driving experiences, etc. Would I be able to drive in Sydney???

The waiter came again asking us if we would have dinner, haha. No, we were there for the piscos, haha. Steve and I ran out of drinks, but Mal still had his 1st pisco, mmm. There was an extra Maracuya Sour, so we split it 1/2 & 1/2. Steve liked it better than the traditional Pisco Sour, since it's a bit sweet, hehe.
I kept this as souvenir, so I always have a table, haha
  The boys were telling me about his day in downtown. They had a great time!

It was almost 10pm and we decided to move. Where to go? Mmm, I just remembered about the bet Steve and I made. So I asked him if he checked the answer on Wikipedia. Well, he did and none of us won :( Nevermind, we would get our cocktails, haha. And Tayta has a special offer for cocktails so we ended up going there again, haha. The confy couches were already taken, so we went to the new side of Tayta and found more couches, haha. One just next to a window. It was perfect! The spot was waiting for us, haha.

Steve got a "Mojito", I got a "Sex on the beach" and Mal got a pitcher of beer, haha. We were just talking and chilling out, also thinking about what to do the next day, haha. We were talking about the fact people in Peru are crazy about the 80's music, haha. A friend of Mal called, she might be able to join us, but at the end she didn't show up, :( It was around 12:30 when we left. I had to work the next morning and Steve wanted to organize his trip. But we made plans for Friday, we'll meet at 7pm in Barranco - the bohemian part of town!

yadilitta says:
oh yes! I was thinking about that happy hour the whole day, so frustrating, haha. But he didn't think I'd have checked the website, haha.
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
malvin_soh says:
DonĀ“t you just hate it when the waiter says No Happy Hour when we go just so we can enjoy Happy Hour? Luckily you checked the website yadi! :) phew!
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
come and try the Pisco Sour!
I kept this as souvenir, so I alwa…
I kept this as souvenir, so I alw…
Steve & Yadi