A Mini Meet Up before going to Cusco, yay!

Lima Travel Blog

do I have enough???
After coming back from Caral, Eric and I wanted to meet some TB's and party with them. Would it be during the weekend? Don't think so, since we took the decision to travel to Cusco, yay! So we had to pack and leave everything ready, but would it stop us going out and having fun? No way! We just packed everything and left the things ready for the next trip.

I contacted Nelly, Ana Maria and Cinthia. The plan was meeting at Tayta's at 9pm approx. Eric and I arrived to Miraflores early and went to a Cafe to grab a bite. While we were there we met an American couple who would travel to Cusco and Machu Picchu same day as us, how cool! Probably we'd meet them there.
is he innocent???
That would be so great :)

At 9pm we were walking to Tayta when I got a call from Ana Maria. She was arriving too and we'd meet at the door. A couple of minutes later we met. We went upstairs and got a table in front of the mini stage. It was Wednesday, the "penny" night and I had tons of them, haha. We ordered our beers and Martin - Ana Maria's friend - arrived. He was leaving the gym when Ana Maria convinced him to meet us, super! We were just chilling out and having fun there.  The place wasn't crowded yet. It was too early. So, we had full attention of the waiters, lol!

Cinthia wasn't sure she would be able to join us. She had a busy day and didn't have her cell phone :( And what about Nelly? Well, she was working nearby. So as soon as she left the office, she'd join us, yay! I checked my cell phone and saw a miss call from her.
Eric's new hair style ;)
Mmm, she might be in her way. Around 11pm she arrived. She was the only one dressed formal :P We haven't seen each other in a while. It was so great meeting her again :)

Around 11:30pm the life music started. There was a guy singing and playing guitar. He did a good job and the place was getting packed. Usually there is just one "artist" per night, but since this week was Tayta's anniversary week there would be at least 3 performers. Sweet! The musicians took a break and we kept on having fun. Eric was jumping from one table to another trying to get armbands. We bet how many he could get in one night, lol!

A band started to play. They would also perform at Tayta's anniversary on Saturday. They just played a couple of songs and another singer and a guitar player came. They were good and fun. They asked the audience which music it would prefer to listen and started to play what we asked for.
;)
At this time we were singing and dancing, haha. Of course picture time has already started and we were taking crazy pics, while everybody looked at us and laughed :)

Suddenly Eric started to talk to the guy sit at the table next to us. Roger (this guy) is from the UK, but has been living in Lima for a while. He's also a musician. Well, he plays guitar and sings, and promised he would sing by the end of the night. Ok, we'll see. The singers took a break and when they came back, a girl who uses to sing on Tuesdays went with them. She has a really nice voice and sang with them a couple of songs. Nelly and I were singing too, haha. but not on the stage... although I was dancing in front of it, :P

I went to the bar and the first singer of the night started to call me "the dancer".
who's dancing?
What? I was thinking nobody was looking at me, haha. So I was part of the show too, without knowing it, mmm. He was telling me, they would have a big party on Saturday. Oh! I'd love to come, but I'd be a bit far away... in Cusco, yay!!!

Finally, around 2:30am, Roger was able to play. He only performed 2 songs but it was nice. He was telling me he got robbed and lost his guitar in Lima. Ouch! Now he was trying to save some money to buy another one. I hope he can do it soon. He really loves his music. Well, our trip to Cusco wasn't until early in the afternoon, but I had to wake up early next morning. Had to work and left everything ready for the weekend.

We left Tayta around 3am, took a cab and drove back home. We'd be back in Lima Sunday afternoon. Not sure if we'd be able to hang out with the gang again before Eric has to fly back home. If it wouldn't be possible for him... I'd be party in his name too :P I still have lots of pennys :)

yadilitta says:
Yes, Tayta :) yes, you would have had a lot of fun!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2008
enesterova says:
Tayta, ha? wish i was there)
Posted on: Dec 16, 2008
Ana Maria & Martin
Ana Maria & Martin
Eric & Ana Maria
Eric & Ana Maria
Anthony & Candy (anime characters)
Anthony & Candy (anime characters)
mmm, what to do next?
Ana Maria was hair stylist
Ana Maria was hair stylist
enjoying life music :)
enjoying life music :)
Ana Maria, Martin, Rogers gf, Rog…
Ana Maria, Martin, Roger's gf, Ro…
ok, lets get the party started!
ok, let's get the party started!
what are we gonna play?