Finally met Jimmy and Craig was back in town :)

Miraflores Travel Blog

the 3 of us so happy :)
I tried to meet Jimmy a couple of months ago when he visited Peru, but unfortunately we couldn't... Anyway, he was planing another trip to Peru and let me know he'd be back in town. Lima wasn't his main destination, but he had to stop here so meeting became a MUST. First we were supposed to meet at the beginning of his trip, but at the end plans changed and we'd meet at his last day in the country. Around 11am, he gave me a call. It was a Peruvian number, yay! We were thinking first about having lunch, but I had another appointment - my Dutch friends - mmm, well we could meet in the afternoon / early evening before he had to go to the airport. We agreed, I'd call him back letting him know at what time we'd meet.
Jimmy & Yadi, finally we met!!!

Craig has been traveling around South America the past few months and has already been in Lima and we also met in Mancora. He's already part of this and other blog. By the way, he's becoming a local TB now. He's planing stay here for a long period of time. Well, back to the story. We met at 5pm and our plan was to go to the movies. I told him I wanted to meet Jimmy and since he wanted to grab a bite, the 3 of us could do that together. He liked the idea. Furthermore, it would be the 1st time he meets a TB - besides me, hahaha.

At 6pm we met Jimmy. It was easy to recognize him. First of all a big hug, awww! I guess, Craig might have thought I'm a bit crazy, but I think he does it already, hahaha.
Craig & Jimmy, new buddies!
I introduced him to Jimmy and the 3 of us were ready to move. We'd stay in the area, since Jimmy's hostel was nearby and he should go back at 8pm the latest and also the movie theater was close too. Jimmy had his wisdom tooth extracted recently, so he couldn't drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have fun.

We went to a nice cafe and got something to drink and eat. Actually I didn't get any food, since I was still full from lunch... pfff. We spent a great time there. Jimmy was telling us about his recent trip to Colombia and how much he liked it. He didn't feel it unsafe at all. I'm thinking about going to Colombia soon too. Actually we got some Pesos (Colombian currency) from Jimmy and gave him some US$, lol. We all were sharing our traveling experiences, talked about business, families and had a nice and fun conversation.

We left the place, but it was still early, so we walked around the park. Jimmy wanted to get a souvenir and also pain killers and Craig wanted to check if they could make his cell phone work. So we were busy, hahaha. Wow! Time flies when you are having fun. It was almost 8 and Jimmy should go back to his hostel and then leave to the airport. Craig & me should go to the movie theater too.

It was a brief meeting, but we had so much fun! Jimmy speaks very good Spanish and we'll keep in touch, but I'll talk to him in Spanish, so he can practice the language. Hopefully I can visit him in the States soon, but anyway I think I'm gonna meet him again since Peru seems to be part of his travel plans :)
Miraflores