Chilling out in Barranco with Steve & Mal and then a mini Meet Up :)

Lima Travel Blog

nice atmosphere!
Yesterday we agreed to meet in Barranco at 7pm and so we did. The plan was to visit the bohemian part of Lima, enough of hanging out in Miraflores - hehe, and try anticuchos, hehe. I met Mal and Steve and Mal told me other TB's will join us, cool! We talked to Raul and it would take a bit until he arrived, so we started moving. First we cross the sigh bridge. I was leading Steve, who did it eyes closed so his wish would become true, hehe. What did he ask for???

We went to the point view and were enjoying the view. It was a bit cold, so having a warm up drink was a great idea, haha.
first drinks
There are 2 bars in the point view, but the drinks were expensive, mmm. Not much, but considering we would go somewhere else later... The rest of the gang didn't show up yet. There are different pubs in the way to the bridge and we decided to check one of those. The drinks weren't expensive and the atmosphere seems to be nice. It was early so, there was just a couple in another table. We took a sit and got a glass of wine (Mal), a Margarita (Steve) and a Daiquiri (Yadi). Steve impressed me with his Spanish, haha. He has been practicing, haha.

We were just chatting when Raul and 2 other friends of him arrived. They came right after work, haha, and joined us with beer, hehe. We were talking about what to do later, dancing has to be involved, hehe. I don't use to go to Barranco to party, but recently I went there with Jim and found a nice place, so I'd lead them there later.
drunk?
Susan arrived too, she was with Koen, a nice guy from Belgium. Everyone was happy and having fun, but it was time to have something to eat. I got 2 recommendations and we knew where to go, haha.

Javier and his friends had to leave but would try to join us later. Anyway, the 5 of us went to a small restaurant in order to have anticuchos. They gave us a complementary sangria and we ordered different dishes, so we could share. Mal really loves anticucho, haha and Steve liked it too, cool! We heard that the portion of anticuchos was big, so Mal got them while Steve and I got something different. I was in my Vegetarian mood, so I got corn with the delicous Huancaina Sauce and cheese. Oh! Steve became addicted to this dip, haha. Steve wanted chorizo and ordered it thinking about a large portion, but it was really small :( Fortunatelly we ordered also salad to share, haha.
the traditional kissing pic.
Nevermind, we were getting thirsty. Koen got a beer, I got Inca Kola (was driving) and Mal & Steve got a bottle of wine, haha. The wine list was quite extense, but they just had 2 wines, plop! An expensive and a not expensive. Well, I'm Peruvian but have to be fair. We rock in Pisco, but not in wine... The not expensive wine was a Peruvian one, which was just ok. Nothing outrageous. Steve and I were making fun just thinking about how the review would go, haha.

While we were there, Malvin - the new local, noticed something was missing: the traditional kissing pic! No TB can leave Lima without getting this traditional pic, haha. I guess, Steve didn't complain at all, haha. After enjoying delicious anticuchos and having a fun time it was time to move and go to a club.
see you Steve!!!

So sorry I wouldn't be able to join the guys, but I had to work next morning and was driving. Nevertheless I was in charge to lead them to the next place. We walked to the boulevard and I found the place where I have been before. They had a promotion: all you can drink until 2am! haha. I'm pretty sure the guys had a lot of fun. I just wait for Mal's pictures :) Well, it was time to say goodbye to Steve, alwasys sad. It was so great meeting him. I enjoyed it a lot. He just got the travel bug, so a lot of travels might be coming in the future. We just have to keep in touch and eventually we will meet somewhere, hehe.
yadilitta says:
and I missed that, ughhhh
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
malvin_soh says:
and steve got wasted!
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
see you Steve!!!
crossing the bridge and making a w…
crossing the bridge and making a …
with our sangrias waiting for anti…
with our sangrias waiting for ant…
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Javier Restaurant
Javier is a small restaurant located in Barranco, in the way to the beach. There are a lot of restaurants in the area, but Javier is well known but ev… read entire review
Lima Nightlife & Entertainment review
Small but with nice atmosphere bar in Barranco - Hechizo de Luna
Usually when I go to Barranco I go straight to "La Posada del Angel", but this time I was with 2 friends and had to wait for other friends near the po… read entire review
Lima