Cebiche + Pisco at Justin's 1st day in Lima :)

Lima Travel Blog

enjoying fresh fish with Justin
Once I was on TB - what a surprise! and saw Justin was coming to Lima. I posted him a comment and the rest is history. We started to get in touch and he was telling me about his plans for his 5 weeks long travel through South America. He'd start in Lima, spend here a few days learning Spanish and then start the adventure.

Finally it was the day of his arrival. He arrived really early. We arranged in advance meeting for lunch and it was 1pm when we met at his hostel. I was waiting at the living room when I heard: "hola chica!" There he was. It was so nice meeting him in person. It didn't feel as if we were meeting for 1st time.

I asked him what he'd like to it. Silly question! I was the guide, but I wanted to know if there was any kind of food he doesn't like.
my pink nails!!!!
Well, he has been 3 times in Asia, where he tried everything. So, food wasn't a problem for him and since we were in Lima and it was summer time, the decision was: cebiche!

We went to a cebicheria, ordered 2 beers - Cuzqueña of course - and choritos a la chalaca (mussels as appetizer). As main dish he got a cebiche (a must if you are in Lima) and a Tiradito for me. Now we had time to chat. He found TB when he was browsing online for a travel partner, haha. He joined TB recently and didn' t know much about this site. Well, he couldn't have asked for a better guide on this matter, hahaha. I was explaining to him some common terms like: "Meet Up" "rewards" "vouches" hahaha. We were talking a bit about his further travel plans in South America and could have talked longer, but he had to leave, where? His Spanish lessons! A 3 hour lesson was waiting for him, oh!!!!

Before saying good bye, we agreed to meet that day later.
at Huaringas aka Pisco place, with a Double Maracuya Sour!
It'd be time for Pisco! another must if you are in Lima. I went back to the HQ to work, eventually I have to... hahaha. I couldn't remember if we agreed to meet at 7 or 7:30pm, hopefully at 7:30pm. I fall asleep and left late, ooops! I was in my way when Justin called me, letting me know he was ready.

Finally I arrived. We were laughing since he was the one supposed to take a nap, but I was the one who did it :P We went to the pisco place to get the famous piscos and also got tasty Peruvian appetizers. Justin didn't have any problem with the anticuchos (cow's heart). He liked them! yay!!! We spent there a couple of hours, just chilling out, enjoying our piscos and a really nice conversation. I was trying to give Justin some ideas about what to do in Lima before he goes to Uyuni.

After a couple of hours and piscos, we left the Pisco place. It was still early, but he had a long day and was getting tired. Tomorrow he had another 3 hours lesson before noon and other one in the afternoon. We'd meet at 6pm in order to show him around other areas of Lima. Well, right now he had a Peruvian cell number, so it would be easier to be in touch. Lima's adventure was just getting started.

my pink nails!!!!
at Huaringas aka Pisco place, with…
at Huaringas aka Pisco place, wit…
Tiradito 3 Sabores