Back to TB Meet Ups and I met a sweet new friend...

Lima Travel Blog

my Dutch souvenir, how nice!!!
A few months ago, I started to get in touch with Ineke. We were posting comments to each other and once she told me she'd visit Peru. What? Really? So, we should meet. That was a MUST. But she told me she was coming with a group and would spend just one night in Lima, arriving in the afternoon and leaving at 4am next morning! No problem, we'd figure it out something, so it'd work and it did :)

This would be my first weekend in Lima since I came back, but it didn't matter. I'd meet Ineke. She gave me the name of the hotel, but I was such in a hurry that didn't double check it. So I arrived to the hotel and she told me she'd be waiting for me at the lobby, but I didn't see her.
me and Ineke :)
I asked at the frontdesk. Well, this is something that happened to me before... I know the name of the TB, but not the last name! hahaha. Anyway, I told the girl my friend was Dutch, but she told me there was no Dutch with that name. Then I realized, this hotel has 2 other locations in town! So I called Ineke and asked for the address. Good, it was not even 5 min away, when there's no traffic.

Well I arrived in less than 5 min, hurra! She was ready and we drove to the Love Park in Miraflores. We were walking around while I was telling her a bit of Lima and Peruvian history. A couple of months ago, another Dutch TB, Jasper was in Lima and they both are friends too. Actually, Jasper told her, he and his dad met me. I'm famous!!! yay!!! Ineke didn't have much time, so instead of going to eat, I suggested to go to another area of Lima, the bohemian Barranco.
nice shoes!!!
We were walking around, went to the pointview and saw a comic art exhibition, nice!

It was 8:30pm and we were ready with Barranco. Ineke told me she'd like to have a drink and grab a bite, so we went to Larcomar in Miraflores and we went to the restaurant Jasper loved so much, hehehe. So Ineke would be able to tell him, she was there too :P Ok, we were in Peru, so we'd have piscos! Ineke got the traditional Pisco Sour and I got the Passion Fruit one (Maracuya sour)

Usually I order here a Peruvian appetizzers platter to share, but Ineke wasn't too attracted to one of the dishes, so better pick up other thing. We got shrimps, we both love them, yummy! and the yucas (like a potato) stuffed with cheese. The dipping sauce is my favorite and Ineke liked it too. We were just chatting like old friends. It was very nice. I really enjoyed talking to her. She has been traveling a lot and visited so many places. Same as me, she's interested in people and culture. She showed me her tour itinerary. Yes, she'd enjoy it!

Ok, it was time to drive back to the hotel. Ineke should wake up really early tomorrow. Although we didn't have much time, we enjoyed it. Quality over Quantity ;) I'm so glad, she enjoyed her brief time in Lima and was able to see more than just the hotel. Actually the other members of her group were intrigued, how she could have a local friend, hahaha. I'm so happy, I met this sweet new friend :)
yadilitta says:
really? she didn't say anything about that. Not that I remember at least... So, you introduced her to TB world, good job!!! You recruited an excellent member :)
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
polvandenwirre says:
Ha, ha, did Ineke tell you, she met me on my Syria/Jordan trip last year and I made her aware of Travbuddy;-)
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
almelovakr says:
Alright i keep that in mind ;)
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009