2 Peruvian girls together :)

Miraflores Travel Blog

of course, at Tayta!
I was busy working and updating my blog when I got a PM from a TB. Her name was Jenny and spoke a perfect Spanish. Oh well, she was Peruvian, hahaha, but living in the USA for 4 years. So she felt as a stranger in her own hometown and wanted to meet someone local. Yay!
First we agreed to meet on Thursday, but she remembered she had already plans, so we decided to meet on Wed.

She left Lima a few years ago and didn't expect the traffic to be so bad, pfff. It was even a bit worse than usual. I called her and she asked me to wait, since she was already in her way. Ok, I'd do it. But would I get bored waiting? No, no, no. I went shopping, hahaha. My favorite store has a special sale. First was only to take a look, but ended up buying shirts ;)

Jenny arrived at 8:30pm and what was supposed to be just a quiet cup of coffee, ended up being a quiet couple of cocktails at Tayta ;) Jenny is sort of new on TB and had tons of questions about the site, who better to ask about TB than the Peruvian addict? hehehe.

She was a bit afraid of meeting TB's, but she noticed I met a lot of people and am quite active here, so she decided to give it a shot. I told  her I met quite a good number of people here, in Lima and also abroad, and had good experiences. Everyone is different, but we have our travel interest in common. She was telling me about her life in the USA and her future plans.

I was supposed to go back home early, but couldn't hahaha. We were having a great time and time flew. But it was time to go. Hopefully we could meet before she flies back home. She has a brother in town, but needs a local friend, hehehe.
yadilitta says:
Wow! Alaska! That's great, have fun fishing there, LM!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
Always the ambassador! I hope you are having a super weekend as well. The fish are really biting up here in Alaska!!!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2009