AsiaVietnamHanoi

Hanoi to Hue

Hanoi Travel Blog

Today we are leaving Hanoi on the overnight train to Hué. We weren't leaving until about 7.30pm so we had the whole day to do and see any last minute things in Hanoi. I put my bags in the day room then met the group down stairs for lunch at KOTOs which stands for "Know One, Teach One". This is a restaurant which teaches orphans and street kids skills in the hospitality industry. A lot of the kids have gone on to work in other restaurants all over the world. The food and the service was really good so they were obviously teaching these kids well. After lunch we ordered our food to take on the train, then went to check out the Temple of Literature and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.

At about 6pm we walked over to the train station and boarded the train for our 13hr train ride to Hué. Susan and I had planned to share a compartment with Marie and Eoin but ended up getting stuck with Esra. Lindsey was also in our compartment which was good but not really wanting to be stuck with her all night with Esra we quickly went to see the others. Playing cards and drinking beer we ended up having a good night until all the beers ran out and we had to get some more, so Susan and Matt made the trip to the bar and brought back a few more bevies. After playing a few more rounds and finishing my beer I went to go grab another to find that Esra had given away our beers to the guys on the other Intrepid tour. Now completely annoyed by this I had to get away from her before I threw her off the train.

Eventually I went to sleep well tried to but just couldn't quite get comfy so ended up not sleeping at all that much of the 13hr train ride.

Hanoi