Back in paradise!

Koh Samui Travel Blog

I'm here in Koh Samui sitting on this gigantic 7ft wide king size bed, looking out my window, beyond the deck of my bungalow, out to the beautiful lush green gardens, with a slight view of the ocean through the coconut trees. hmm what more could you want? I'm staying at the Coral Bay Beach Resort which is only a 5 min taxi or 15 min walk north of Chaweng. Ive been here now for 4 days and have had a nice a relaxing time, reading, sitting by the pool, drinking cocktails, window shopping in Chaweng (cant shop as still have 4 months of carrying a large backpack around), haven't done any sight seeing as such as well I saw most of what I wanted last time and I'm still feeling a little but yuk.

Why am I feeling yuk? Well, it was a pretty rocky start to get here as most of my family and friends know and then the night before I was to fly out I got pretty sick, not sure it it was pent up stress from all the stuff that happened leading up to this or if I was just really nervous about doing this on my own, or maybe a bit of both, but I was so sick that I almost didn't make it on to the plane, but thankfully I did. Although it was one of the worst flights, not only was I ill but I had this idiot behind me who kept kicking my chair because he thought it was down to far, which ok may be it was but hey I was sick and all he had to do was ask but no he acted like a two year old and kept kicking and banging and pushing my chair. After a few choice words he eventually stopped.

About 3 hours later we arrive at Phuket airport where i have a 4 hour stop over. I was going to go an sit in the pub during this time but due to my still feeling i I sat and waited in the check in area until it was time to check in, then after that I sat in the the departure lounge for another hour trying not to fall asleep.

Finally arriving in Koh Samui, it was so nice to be back and not having to worry about doing anything touristy as Ive seen it all before. This part of my trip was to treat myself with a bit of luxury before having to start staying in hostels, boats, home stays, trains and tents.

amy says:
Ughh! I had that too! This horrible woman kept grabbing ahold of my chair to help herself up off of hers, rather than use the armrests to lift herself up. I swear she woke me up 10 times along a 12 hour flight. It's the worst thing ever, hey! And so rude!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2008
amanda576 says:
yeah if i wasn´t so ill I would´ve slapped him one.
Posted on: Oct 01, 2008
yheleen says:
living the good life in the resort ;) wow...
Posted on: Oct 01, 2008