EuropeNorwayOslo

Last day in Oslo

Oslo Travel Blog

Gustav Vigeland

Wow, I had such a long sleep this night. I guess I slept from about 11 PM till 9.30 AM. I tried some walking first but my muscles were pretty stiff and hurted a little aswell. Anyway, that's part of running!

After a good shower it was time for Arjen and me to get some breakfast. After breakfast we went to National Theatre again, and took the metro from there to Majorstuen. We walked from the metrostation to Vigelandsparken, which is a very nice park. It's just beautiful to walk around there a little. We stayed there for like an hour, just enjoying the statues and walking loose the muscles a little. We felt pretty hungry again so we decided where to eat. Arjen said it would be nice to visit the place where he lived when he studied in Oslo.

This is just beautifull right?!
He also said it's a pretty long walk, but we felt allright, so let's do it. Arjen lived in Sogn, that's like 3,5 kilometer walking from Vigelandsparken. But he forgot you're on the south side of Sogn then, and he lived on the north side. After like 5 kilometers walking uphill we were finally there. We bought some food and decided to walk just a little further, to Sognsvaten, which is a beautiful lake! We ate our food there, just chilled a little and decided to make our last long walk today: walk around the lake. It's another 3,5 kilometer, but worth it so much! I was able to make some great pictures here. There was also this little duck who dived under water after you threw in some bread, then came above water again and grabbed the piece of bread. Not easy to describe but so much more fun to watch :)

After this walk we took the metro from there all the way down to National Theatre. We walked to Diego's place, got our stuff, dropped the keys in his mailbox (Diego was at work), walked to National Theatre and took the train again to Oslo Gardermoen. We spended our last NOK's on a cappucino and then entered the plane. After 1,5 hour we landed on Schiphol airport, ate some food at Burger King and took a train to Amersfoort again. My sister picked us up there and that's how the weekend Oslo ends!

I hope you enjoy my first Travel Blog!

Nice fountain
Nice fountain
Monolith Plateau
Monolith Plateau
Sognsvaten
See how clear the water is!
See how clear the water is!
Oslo