Whistle stop tour of KL

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Petronas Twin Towers

Got to KL yesterday and had a bit of a wonder. I found a tourest information place and they gave me a book of things to see and do here. Carried on my meander until I got to the Petronas twin towers. Had a look in the big mall beneath the towers which is full of designer outlets and stuff, I'm afraid it was all lost on me though, even at KL prices I'm not gonna buy a Hugo Boss shirt and drag it around with me for the rest of this trip. I think I probably need to get into a bit more of a shopping mood.

Upon aproaching the exit doors the heavens decided to open leaving me stuck. So I did what any sensible person would do and waited for a bit, but when that didn't work I gave up and went to the cinema! funnily enough when I came out it had stopped raining and I was free to head back.

Went back there this morning to see if I could go up the towers onto the bridge that runs between them, only to find that the place was shut on Mondays and I have to come back tomorrow. However I did manage to find a tube station at the bottom of the mall, so it looks like I didn't have to go to the cinema yesterday, I could have got out that way, Doh!

Spent the rest of today pretty much doing KL, I wondered everywhere and saw practically all the sights I could have wanted to see. Took some photos which I'll upload as soon as I can. Tommorrow I'm off to the Cameron Highlands after I make it up that tower, that is.

Cat says:
Hey Sam,
sorry I could have told you its shut on mondays as mat and I had the same problem and didn't get to go up. Hope you enjoy the cameron highlands, i really enjoyed it, I stayed at Daniels lodge which was ok, bonfire bar out the back. Have fun, love Catxx
Posted on: Mar 20, 2006