Venice>San Marino>Florence

Florence Travel Blog

San Marino...breathe taking!

Well our morning started off very early again. We got up at 5:45 got ready and left the hotel and headed to San Marino.  Which is a Republic and not actually Italy. It was a great small town that is on Mount Titano. It was on of the most beautiful coastline views along with the Appennines. We only had a few hours there so we didn't get to see too much. But we saw made me want to go back. It was just breathe taking. The shops there had great prices as well.

I was sad to leave so soon. But we boarded the bus again for another long long long ride to Florence.  We stopped midway there for a bathroom and food break.  There was a fresh fruit stand thatwe were all very happy to see.

San Marino
Your body soon starts to hate you when you are just eating pizza, pasta, and wine! So we all stocked up on fresh fruit walked a bit then boarded the bus for the finale haul to Florence.

We arrived at Florence about 5:30pm. Our hotel room was HUGE. We had a king sized bed then another area of the room with a twin sized bed. We stated at Delle Nazioni.  It was a nice hotel. However they only had one bell hop. So we all ended up bringing our own luggage upstairs or we would be waiting for a long time for it. However we soon found that our bathroom sink leaked. And not a little!!!

We were freshing up to go out for dinner. My friend washed her face and brushed her teeth. I went in there and was doing the same when I felt water flowing over my feet. I look down and the bathroom (which was pretty big) was flooding!! I grabbed all of the small towls (leaving the big ones for us to shower with) and started to try and soak up all the water.

Florence by night
Then wrapped one of the towls around the sink pipes to try slowing it down. That was the main complaint I had about this hotel and the one bell hope. Besides that I highly recommend it. It is also in walking distance to all of the major attractions. And the staff was very friendly and always helpfull. There was construction going on the street outside the hotel, but we didn't hear it and it wasn't a big bother.

I loved Florence.  The four of us girls went downstairs and found that another couple and our tour director were going to go out to dinner as well and offered for us to join them. Our tour director is from Florence so he knows his way around. We headed out. We took some photos and explored a bit. Then headed to the bar. We went to one of those bars that you buy a drink and then you have a food bar area that you eat all you want.

So we paid 9 Euro for our drink then had a bar of three different pastas, meats, cheeses, fresh veggies, bread, fruit, pickles, and olives. It as very nice. And you get all of that for free and as much as you want. It was a nice change of pace. The drinks in Florence....they are STRONG! I can drink a Long Island (from the states) with no problem. I ordered a Margarita (I save the wine for our five course dinners where we get served the best wine!!). OMG It was Tequilla with a squirt of Lime. Well that's what it tasted like. After one of those you are already feeling a bit on the tipsy side! And all of the drinks were like that. I expected if you are getting all this food and only paying 9 Euro that they would be watered down like they would do in the states. Wrong! Which was a nice pleasant surprise! Not complaining at all :).

So we finished eating and drinking then went walking around. Andrea showed us the sites the major Piazzas and churches. We then came acrossed a local guy who was singing and playing music in the square and selling his CDs by the river. It was very nice. Then we even ran into some of our other tour members.

So we stayed out night seeing for about 2 hours then headed back to the hotel. It was a nice calm fun evening and all of us fell in love with Florence at night. Everyone should walk around and soak up the atmosphere and locals at night at least once.

Florence