My bigg Africa trip, day 1

Pretoria Travel Blog

Traveling to South Africa

On the 10th of october was my bigg day... I had to get up at 4AM in the moring.... to take the train to get in time before 8AM. I took me 2 hours and 40 minutes to get to the airport by train... My sweet mother went with me.... She took great care of me with drinks and foods...I had to be at Schiphol Airport at 08.00 in the moring to meet up with others who are traveling with me.... It was realy busy and it took a while to check in... We found out there were 4 over bookers.... They had to wait and need to find other places in the plan... Later on we find out that we were replaced to the silver class... That was fin with me.... My plane left around 10.30 AM and we arrived around 10 PM in Johannesburg.

My first night in Africa, Pretoria

I flew with the KLM and there was great service and the foods was super... I wached some TV, slept moments etc... When we arrive in the airport in Africa we had to check in and it took forever there.... I knew from friends that Africa take it slow and I experienced that.. For some reason it was ok and relaxing... No time no most.... I had two guides waiting for us.... A men called Barry and he is from Pretoria South Africa.....and a girl from England and she left her job as lawer for adventure in Africa.....I had to get cash first when we were there, because it,s not always easy to find a ATM ... I had already US Dollars with me for the excursions I like to do and got the South Africa Rands.... 12 rands was 1 Euro... Afther that the guides talked with us about the plans etc... Around 11PM we went to the big traveltruck and we went to Pretoria were we stayed in a place for a night... Around 12AM at night we went to bed........

Joost1976 says:
amazing undiscovered country and a great blog, you proven yourself again Wendy
Posted on: Jun 04, 2009
sabzero says:
great blog + great pics! :)
I really need to fly to south africa too :)
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009
bschooled says:
Thanks for sharinng this blog, I have enjoyed reading it!
Posted on: Feb 21, 2009