oh for the love of guinness

Shannon Travel Blog

Can it be the end of my European adventure? How could it have passed by so quickly? I now understand why so many people take off 6 months to a year to travel.. I'm sure that even this amount of time seems to fly by quickly.

My sister and I decided to spend some extra cash on a lovely, quaint bed and breakfast:) It was our first time staying in a classy place with REAL beds, real down comforters, running water that had hot water 24/7. our own bathrooms, a TV, couches to lounge in, a fireplace.. it was heaven! We tooled around Ennis again, saying our goodbyes to the lovely city... buying souvenirs, of which included... the amazing Irish loaves we loved so much and the chocolate for our sibs! We found this great one called Turkish Delight that reminded us of the Chronicles of Narnia.. little did we know how gross it was! Our siblings spit it right out:) We made a little picnic out of our bread and cheese, huddled in our beds, took warm showers, watched the BBC and laughed non stop! It was the perfect ending to a crazy vacation.

In the morning we had a typical Irish breakfast.. including our lovely bread that we had grown so fond of.. and went off on our merry way in a taxi with a lovely older gentleman who quizzed us on our lives, etc. We arrived at the airport to find that our flights had been delayed, which gave me more time to browse through the shops making sure that I had everyone covered. Our flight was called and we stepped on through looking back at the lucky travelers who were just beginning their journeys.. realizing that our lives were about to collide with reality beckoning us from afar... and I would need to find a real teaching job... :)

Shannon