camping 101

Venice Travel Blog

We've arrived in Venice!!! As we traveled across the bridge, I captured my first view of the infamous gondolas coming in and out of the various channels. Brightly colored or muted oranges and yellows covered the older buildings. Scarves of every color hung from the stands as did shirts and other objects. Venician glass shone from under the glass cases.

We had difficulty finding our way to our hostel, which we discovered to be a campsite! We slept in a trailer, which was funny in itself.. it had a shower, which sometimes decided to work and other times was defiant:) The laundry facilities killed our clothes, and somehow, my pants shrunk to become capris/flood water pants.. making a fashion statement all of their own.

I didn't quite know what to expect of Venice, however, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is easy to become lost in the small floating city... there are multiple alleys and bridges that bring you to different sections of the city.. opening up to parks filled with flowers and trees or places filled with character. It is also filled with characters... aka gondola conductors who wanted to give my sister and I free rides across the ocean... at 12 am.. promising us a time of our lives:) ... including a serenade:) Perhaps we should have taken them up on their offers:)

Isoinspira says:
lol! I didn't even think about how appropriate it was for Venice:) Here I was thinking my pants had shrunk, and they were only trying to help me out with the flooding streets and pathways:) What was I thinking??:)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2007
sdbleve says:
Flood pants in Venice...how appropriate is that? :)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2007
feed the birds.. poppins..
feed the birds.. poppins..
Venice