Intercourse, Paradise, and Blue Ball

Intercourse Travel Blog

Gorgeous countryside
     I think this was my daughter's favorite part of our trip.  "Dad, I can't believe how hot all these Amish guys are!!"  My wife and I enjoyed Lancaster County for quite other reasons though.

First of all, the countryside was beautiful.  Picturesque farmhouses, lonely country roads, busy, active fields and a sky that would not quit.  We both felt we could be happy if we never moved from this place.  We were both raised in small towns and the atmosphere brought back many early memories.  EVERYONE was warm and friendly, even if was just a smile and a nod of the head.

The Lancaster County area is comprised of numerous communities, which I believe the Amish named themselves.
  Bird-in-Hand, Virginville, and of course, Intercourse, and Blue Ball would catch anyone's attention if you saw these towns on a map.  There were dozens of shops offering novel souvenirs to bakeries, quilt shops, furniture, candles, and more.  The second thing we really enjoyed was the food.  A family buffet of authentic Amish cooking (I believe it was in Bird-In Hand) was one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

They prefer not to pose for pictures so my daughter was disappointed, but she will get over it.  As it is in most places, the kids were great fun to watch and interact with.  Their life is so simple ........ I sometimes wonder if the rest of us are missing something?

1 horsepower
On display in the quilt museum
On display in the quilt museum
more quilts
more quilts
They are shy about having their pi…
They are shy about having their p…
scooter bikes