Foamhenge, 8th wonder of the world??

Natural Bridge Travel Blog

Sure looks real
     As we headed back to the interstate, we decided to travel part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Atop the Blue Ridge Mountains, we were met with spectacular views of the Shenandoah Valley below.  We saw signs for the Natural Bridge and decided to check it out.  Upon arriving, we felt that the price ($14) was just something we didn't want to pay, especially since we would have to walk to it.  As we left the building, I spotted a brochure for Foamhenge.   It was in the direction we were going, so we figured, "What the heck!", let's check it out.

Only about 1 mile down the road, there was no building, no one to greet us, we parked in a field, and at the top of a hill there it was.  It looked amazing like the real thing!   Built out of styrofoam, the 400 pound blocks were hauled in and erected on this isolated hilltop.  We walked around it and it was only when up close could we tell it was not real stone.  From a distance, it was pretty impressive!!

I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if you go to the Natural Bridge in Virginia, take a few extra minutes and see Foamhenge, the 8th wonder of the world!!!

This explains it all!