The Semi-Trials of Local Travel

Manila Travel Blog

Another trip, another early morning. Argh.

I just hate slipping out of the comfort of my bed before the sunlight invades my room, but an exception is always made for travel. And I always get up for it with a smile. To me, it's not so much the destination, but the adventure and experience of it all, and even more so what I take back with me at the end of the trip.

The call time for this assignment was at 7.30am in Makati, which at this time, could take about half an hour to get to from my place. I was greeted by the curators of the magazine's issue, their friend, and the assigned photographer. According to God, there were three males and two females, but in actuality we were all, well, sisters. We wasted no time in hitting the road and wanted to avoid the rush hour traffic. Everything went fairly smoothly until we hit the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), the main thoroughfare that connects Manila to the southern provinces of Luzon.

It must've been in December when I had taken this road last for a friend's wedding in Tagaytay and the traffic was just insane. Not so much by the sheer amount of cars but mainly because of the roadworks that had been going on - for two years thus far! Being on the same strip after more than half a year, it really didn't seem like there had been any improvements made at all. Lucky for us, the daytime traffic was pretty thin and we made it to the Calamba exit in no time. It did, however, take over another hour to reach the town of Liliw in the southeastern side of Laguna.

Isabetlog says:
Lauro ganyan din ka dapat mag fill out ng form sa susunod ha? DI pwede yung check lang sa male o female na box hahahha :D
planisphere says:
panalo!!!
lauro says:
hahahahahah hahahha natawa ako dito! hahahahaa

"According to God, there were three males and two females, but in actuality we were all, well, sisters."
Manila