You shall not pass!

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

Me at Niagara.

When we finally arrived at Niagara I realized I had forgotten my passport... Yeah, brilliant I know. After a few minutes of my boyfriend heckling me about it I dragged the truth out of him. He'd forgotten his papers as well! Ho ho! This is also the reason why I chose the title of the entry, I can just see one of the border patrol guys with a staff and doing that. It really doesn't take much to amuse me. I'm also a LOTR nerd and actually find applications of quotes and whatnot for daily life, but that's a whole other story!

A thing to note about Niagara if you've never been there... the streets are kind of confusing and have the one way thing going on a lot, or that's how it seemed to me. It took me forever to find a place to park and I almost drove into the Canadian border crossing place... That would have looked brilliant I must say.

We really didn't do much while at Niagara, unfortunately. It was his third time there so he wasn't entirely enthused about it I guess (he also told me once we were there that was the place he went on his honeymoon with his ex, thanks for the advance notice? I think this put a bit of a damper on the whole experience to be honest).Maybe I'll go back sometime to really experience it, and take a boat tour, that seemed like fun. The weather had finally cleared up and was nice and sunny.

The falls themselves are awe inspiring. They showcase nicely the raw power of nature. It would make anyone reflect on the relative insignificance of us humans compared to something like that. It's really quite impressive how far away you can hear them. I'm sure I'll have a better review if I ever go back...

After a quick dinner at the Indian restaurant I reviewed we headed back home. Near Syracuse we picked up a radio station that had old time radio drama on, it was pretty sweet. A nice ending to a nice day.

I unfortunately don't have any more photos of the falls and surrounding area since my camera died and my ex never bothered to send them to me. Oh well, just another reason to go back!

Niagara Falls Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Decent food and easy to find location
The food here was pretty good. We decided to go for the buffet rather than order something so we wouldn't be too late getting back. There was definite… read entire review
Niagara Falls