Stunning Canyon

Kings Canyon Travel Blog

fantastic vistas

Last day of the tour...and a fabulous bushwalk up and around Kings Canyon was the best way to finish off. Another early start got us ready to begin the walk before it got too hot. Most of the group slept in swags around the campfire and we were pleased to see nobody had been eaten by a dingo during the night!?!

The hardest part of the trail is the first aptly named "heartbreak hill" Doesn't look too bad but is quite a pull up the side of the slope...I just kept trudging along at my own pace and was able to make the top without too much trouble..slow and steady does the trick. Once at the top opf the Canyon we spent about 3 hours doing the rim walk which includes steep wooden steps down into one part of the gorge called "the garden of Eden" as there is a small waterhole and green plants and trees abound. Very peaceful. I was lucky enough to spot a male Bower bird doing its dance in its bower trying to attract any females in the area.

Back up on the rim we were fascinated by the rocky scenery and stunning landscapes. It was starting to get pretty hot by the time we got back down to the bus. We headed to the camping grounds for lunch and then on the road again to get back to Alice Springs by the late afternoon. The whole group decided to meet up for a meal back at Bojangles were we partied on.......

Janine and I headed back to our new accomodation at 4star Voyages hotel....NICE!!!!!

heartbreak hill