Broome to Derby

Broome Travel Blog

Found them

Got up early , 6ish, and caught a lift with some car owners down to a Ganthaman(?)Point south of Broome itself where the excitement is searching for the ancient dinosaur footprints in the rocks at low tide. It was great to get there so early to have the place to ourselves before the first (and only)bus of the day arrived at 8.30a.m.ish to drop off the poor HOT suckers who then had to walk 5kms or so back along the scorching beach. Boy am I glad I got a lift there and back into town! I LOVED the red rock formations and had a great time scrambling around for an hour or so.

By now it was Hot and fairly humid so I tended to go very slow for most of the day. Lingered over the free breakkie of toast,coffee,and cereal at the hostel then decided to head down to ...where else is there to go ...cable beach. Here I found the almost deserted Sunset Bar ( which does get CROWDED at sunset) and ensconsed myself at a well shaded table  for about 3 hours spent overlooking the beautiful beach scene and drinking gallons of iced water. Plus a ymmy salad for lunch. Great service as no-one elase around. Wrote a couple of postcards and just sat!.

Caught 7.30p.m. Greyhound bus to Derby feeling satisfied that I had seen most of what Broome had to offer in only 2 days. Good 2.5 hour trip and arrived at 10p.m. where I was greeted by my sister and 2 neices. Was SOOOOO good to see them.

At Cape