The cute tourist town of Moab

Moab Travel Blog

The view along the Colorado River

Like Kanab, I don't have much to report about Moab. It definitely caters to tourists visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Lots of little boutiques, restaurants, eclectic cafes.

The locals like to complain about living there, as at least one guy who worked at the gas station complained about nothing to do. How everyone you meet who lives in a small town complains about the exact same thing! I should know, I come from a small town, too, and would often say these very words verbatim.

What I will rave about, however, is the Colorado River tour. I signed the four of us up for a whitewater rafting trip down the Colorado. Since we only had time and money for a half day tour, we knew that we would only get to raft down the minor whitewater area of the Colorado (class 2 and 3 for those of you interested).

George and I are definitely going back for a longer tour, possibly even a five-day tour through Cataract Canyon. This 4-hour tour gave us a taste for exactly what we were craving, some fun adventure with ample opportunity for relaxation.

Our tour guide, named John, proved yet another hottie guide who Karine and I added to our collection. ;0) (Any single girls reading this really really need to take a tour of the national parks to meet a single, cute and intelligent guy making a living outdoors.)

naturelvr says:
Sounded like a lot of fun eurowestgirl! I would like to try the white water rafting for at least 1/2 a day. Do you recall the touring company?
Posted on: Aug 10, 2011
The view along the Colorado River
Looking towards Arches National Pa…
Looking towards Arches National P…
Lunch along the river.
Lunch along the river.
George and I with all our gear.
George and I with all our gear.
Our super sexy guide John. ;0)
Our super sexy guide John. ;0)
Moab