Back to the city

Perth Travel Blog

Perth skyline from outside Cultural Center

I stayed in a hostel in Northbridge, oddly enough on the Northern side of the tracks.  This is a funky area full of restaurants, nightclubs and cafes.
  Much of it feels more cosmopolitan than the city side but since it's an easy walk over the rail overpass you know you're still in the heart of Perth.

One of the places I found in Northbridge was an Italian car sales.  Stocked full of the top Italian marques, it was the Maserati that caught my eye.  I contemplated asking for a test drive but I wasn't really dressed like a man with a serious bank balance.

This side of the tracks has all the museums etc laid out in an area called the Perth Cultural Centre.  I spent a day checking them out.
I had a morning in the Western Australia Art Gallery and found some really great works.  For obvious reasons we all had to hand our cameras in at the door.   I don't photograph artworks when I visit these places I like to photograph people enjoying the works though and I had a good time people-watching in this place.

I also visited the WA Museum which has some good relics from penal times and fine Aboriginal collections.

After another couple of days in Perth I shot back to Bunbury to say farewell and thanks to my Aunty and Grandmother before I headed East to Melbourne.

Perth skyline from outside Cultura…
Perth skyline from outside Cultur…
Swan River frontage