Winter

Ville-Marie Travel Blog

As the famous french-canadian poet Émile Nelligan wrote:

Ah! comme la neige a neigĂ©!  Ma vitre est un jardin de givre.  Ah! comme la neige a neigĂ©!

which could be translated by:

Oh! how the snow has snowed! My window is a garden of frost. Oh! how the snow has snowed!

Although Winter days can be very cold around here, (-20 Celsius is normal in winter) they can be very enjoyable if you have the proper warm clothing! This is the season that reminds me most of my childhood.  Sliding, making angels in the snow, building huge igloos or snowmen, going ice skating on the lake... and of course, decorating the Christmas tree!  Sometimes I allow myself to forget, for few hours, that I'm an adult and I go play outside.

Jack Frost the Snowman
  Kids are always happy to play with an adult who can be young at heart...

Which reminds me of the song from Barry Manilow... I like that song! :)

Young At Heart  ♫♪

Fairy tales can come true ~ it can happen to you
If you’re young at heart.
For it’s hard you will find~ to be narrow of mind.
When you’re young at heart.

You can go to extremes with impossible schemes
You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams
And life gets more exciting with each passing day
And love is either in your heart or on its way.

Don’t you know that it’s worth
Every treasure on earth
To be young at heart?

For as rich as you are~ it’s much better by far
To be young at heart
And if you should survive to 105 ~ look at all you’ll derive
Out of being alive~ and here is the best part~
You have a head start~ if you are among the very young at heart.

Hockey night in Canada!

Ice hockey is the most popular sport in Canada.  The Montreal Canadians (also called the Habs) team has a long history. I've never been a great fan, but I remember spending many saturday evenings with my grand-father watching hockey on TV (I loved my grandfather). At that time, the Montreal Canadians had wan so many Stanley Cups that they were called the Glorious.  Many things have changed since then, but the team still has a huge amount of fans.  This year, as they are celebrating their 100th anniversary, there is hope to see the long awaited return of the Cup.

The picture posted here is of Guy Lafleur one greatest player in the history of the team .  Now, long retired, he was in town playing for the "Legends of Hockey".  That game benefited local children teams.

iramalama says:
Very pretty shots
Posted on: Feb 06, 2010
AlicjaK says:
heeh, I remember that we were making eagles :)
Posted on: Oct 23, 2008
adzmandi2008 says:
wooowww its so beautiful. my daughter would really love to experience making a snowman or having snowball fight. hopefully this january in china we will! really beautiful pictures MC!!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2008