Long long flight – part 2.

Sao Paulo Travel Blog

Our plane.

Believe it or not, but flying with TAM resulted much better then our experiences with Air France or Iberia. The food was good, the stewardesses nice and pretty, the movie program was fine as well. We had no complaints at all. Well...except of one thing. This was our 3rd flight within a short time and we still had the flight to Lima ahead of us.

It was early morning local time when we landed in Sao Paulo. I was in Brasil for the first time in my life and I couldn’t go out to see something from the country, damn. We had just some 3 hours till our connection flight. At least I knew we would do some sightseeing in Sao Paulo on the way back, we would have then 13 hours layover here.

We got out of the plane and tried to find the correct gate of our next flight.

Waiting for our flight to Lima.
It wasn’t as easy as supposed, we walked and walked and suddenly gave up. We tried to ask in English some airport stuff we met, but nobody understood us. Incredible...we were here on the international airport of Sao Paulo and had problems to get the right information in English. After a while we found finally a desk where they could help us out and pointed us the right way.

When we arrived at our gate we could see that we are one of the first passengers here. Just to be sure we checked by a nice airport lady if this was really our gate. Good, it was. She used the chance to do some checking with us. We had to give her even one telephone number in case of emergency...if the plane would crash I guess. To inform our relatives. Nice...makes you feel much saver, haha.

We were supposed to fly now with LAN, a Peruvian airline which cooperated with TAM. Our 4th airline on this trip. And the last one if we arrive well. We all felt tired, not really happy that we had to absolve another 5 hours flight, but hey...afterwards we would finally reach our goal...Lima. That made it worth it.

The Andes.
The Andes.
That could be lake Titicaca.
That could be lake Titicaca.
Lake Titicaca?