The Bahamas

Nassau Travel Blog

Well we wrapped up our week in Florida time to head to the Bahamas.  We were heading there to celebrate my parents 35th wedding anniversary.  It was going to be the first time me and my brothers were together since probably two Christmas's ago.  So this was going to be nice to hang out with everyone again.  Me and my finance ended up staying in Atlantis.  Wow what a hotel.  The place is HUGE!  There is so much to see and do there.  We ended up walking around since our plane was in early and took a look at the different aquariams that were there.  Taking in the sharks and different marine life they have.  This place has so many things to see and do we weren't able to do it all in a week.
  Probably didn't help that while I was down here I decided to get my scuba diving certification.  At first I wanted just to do a dive since the outfitter that I was going to go to said it would cost $1k but since I missed the bus I went to another one that said they would do it for half that amount and I was there.  So for three days I worked on getting my certification.  It was awesome.  The first day you just watch videos and train in the pool but the second and third day you go out into the ocean and perform the technicques you learned in the pool.  So much fun because you are in the ocean.   I would have had some pictures to show of this but unfortunately the camera place lost my photos but it was nice underwater.  Glad I did it now I can go diving some more.  When I wasn't diving I did another round of golf there because hey you are in the Bahamas when are you going to play there again.  Nice course especially having the ocean on one side of the green.  The rest were spent hanging out on the beach, going through the lazy river, the slides, and experiencing the different dining locations at the hotel and in the local area of the city (the fish fry).  This was an amazing time to just relax and enjoy it with the family.
photo by: jhenthorne