My year in Melbourne.

Melbourne Travel Blog

After 3 years in University in Norway, I decided it was time for something new. Therefor one of my friends and I decided to go to Melbourne, Australia to study English, Linguistics and History. This turned out to be a great year, with lots of studying, as well as a lot of partying:)

Melbourne is a big city, but at the same time has it's charm. Staying 20 min from downtown, it was really conveniant with all the trams going at all times! The city itself has good shopping, and loads of great resturants, cafeeplaces, pubs and nightclubs. You also find nice parks by the river. There was no chance of getting bored. Our favourite pub downtown is The Elephant and the Wealborrow- a nice Irish pub! Good food as well as a good partyscene!!

One of the things that everyoone have to visit while beeing in Melbourne is the Crown casino. I myself do not gamble, but it is great walking around looking. There are also resturants, cinemas, shops, and several BIG nightclubs.

On the way to the casino, I would recommend walking along South Shore, by Yarra river. There are lots of things going on there, street performances at all times, and lots of people. The resturants there, though, are quite pricey.

Espessialy in the summertime, you might want to take a tram down to St. Kilda. There you have a great beach, resturants, pubs and shops.

Can't wait to go back sometime, so annoying that the plane tickets from Norway are so expensive:(