A few hours to myself

Peebles Travel Blog

One of many churches

Today was much better than yesterday. Although the personal stuff was still lingering I got some time to myself to think things over a bit while strolling around the grounds and then Peebles.

I took the bus into Peebles from the front of the gate lodge. The bus doesn't normally stop here but if you stand on the side of the road and hold up your hand the bus will actually stop for you. Where does this still happen other than in this part of Scotland? I was dropped in the centre of town and walked around for a while, browsing some shops and taking pictures of the town which dates back as far as 1152. I also did some grocery shopping before heading back to Castle Craig by bus again, where I was dropped in the same spot as where I had gotten on.

When I got back the girls were just about to go for a ride on one of the horses which is kept at Castle Craig. As te biggest horse is also the quietest one it was the one they were put on. I do not know exactly what the measurement of the horse is but my guess is about 5'4" (1.60m). After the excitement of all that Jordan fell asleep on a chair and when she woke up the girls ate with Merv in the dininghall while I ate alone at the gate lodge. Merv then came over with the girls and played some games before taking them to bed.

Millenium 2000 Sculpture