Journey to stay forever young

beraban Travel Blog

This is the old story about Tanah lot temple. Tanah lot (lot or Lod meaning south in balinese language) is claimed to be work of 15 century priest named Nirartha, who saw the rock-island's beautiful setting during his travel and took his respite there. Some fisherman observed him and decide to bring him gifts.

After his night on the island, Nirartha spoke to the fisherman and told them to build a shrine on the rock because he intuited that this was a holy place to work-ship the Balinese Gods. This is perhaps one on Bali's most photographed Locations. Many people flock here to see the spectacular sunset.

On the cliff tops there are also several restaurants which tourist can relax in and enjoy snack or meal. It is believed that there are poisonous snake base of the rocky island which guard the temple from evil spirits and intruders.
Some people said that there is giant snake which also watches over the temple. The story goes that this snake was created from Nirartha's scarf when he found the temple.

This time our journey purpose to get bless. Kimberly and my boy friend ( Rolf ) were excited after heard the story that there is spring water (unsalted) under the rocky temple, what people believe can keep young in spiritual way. For Kimmy ( my girl nick name ) the most excited time was when the balinese Priest give her bless after wash her face and wash her hand also legs with holly water. (this time we can enter the snake cave also spring water cave because the land was dry )
Then he put rice on her forehead (symbol that her soul clean already) and give flowers between her ear. When i look at her eyes i knew this girl will stay forever young in her soul.
Hey, she smile a lot that's the key to keep young for sure. For me...i might come to visit the holly cave after my boyfriend look at my wrinkle then :-) Not so long. Maybe next 5 years or so. (save cash for Botox injection as well because here I just need to bring offering flower or drop some donation).Never mind because it take only 1 hour trip to Tabanan from Ubud. I'm so luckyyyyyyyyyyyy

get enough with the snake and blessing we decide enjoyed sunset on one of the restaurant on the cliff. Not that lucky with sunset this time but we spent the fantastic time together.

photo by: ary_tyas