Disneyland on the Company =)

Disneyland Travel Blog

Best game EVER!
It's not rare for me to be evangelical about my company. I've worked in a variety of places in the short time I've been out of college - from large ones that were owned by Merck KgA in Germany to small companies where it was a husband, wife and myself (miserable - don't do those if you can avoid it), and I am always trumpeting the merits and benefits of my somewhat large company - which surprisingly feels like a small company.

I realize not only if is it important to have good company culture, it's good to have a unified company culture, and we certainly do. So sue me, I've drunk the Kool-Aid. If I had ambitions to be an analyst and had the tenacity to work year in and year out to try and climb the corporate ladder, I would stay in a heartbeat.
Waiting in line for Buzz Lightyear game.
Anyway, we'll see what happens with that.

Three months into working there, we were given a summertime gift of all-day tickets to Disneyland! I've lived in Los Angeles for about 8 years at the time, and I had never been there! So I rounded up ex-Disney employee Jennifer Lee and our new Ex-NYer Richie Kim on a journey to Anaheim. One of the corporate benefits of being a Disney employee was having a pass for the employee and a friend to visit Disneyland as often as they wanted. I think she had been there something like 14 times in 1 year, so naturally she was our guide through the maze that was this theme park.

I've been to Disneyworld about 4 times in my life, so I was rather surprised to see how small Disneyland was. In a sense, it's perfect for a day trip, there are something like.
Grand Prix ride!
. 5 excellent rides out of what, the 15 total that were available? The Buzz Lightyear ride was by far the best and I was really excited to see advertisement for a Finding Nemo ride coming in.. 2008, I believe? This was the first time I've experienced Fastpass, which allows you to pick up a ticket with a certain time window to be back in line while you run off to enjoy other things (and spend your money) so that you're not standing in line for hours for the good rides. Available for about 1/3 of the rides, and always the most popular ones, but Lord knows you better not lose your tickets as you're scampering around the park!

Although they didn't close off the park, there were quite a few corporations there on that day, I think our company and PWC basically had the run of the park.
Outside "It's A Small World"
We had Disney dollars (so pretty!) to spend, and we munched away on churros, iced lemonades, ice cream sundaes whenever we weren't standing in line for rides. What fun! I just wish we had arrived earlier, as our passes were also good for California Adventure - but I think that's for.. ahem.. younger kids.

I bought a sparkly Disneyland shirt as a souvenir that you can see in the pictures, and came away with a handful of memorable fotos. I can't believe this was a year and a half ago - I'm super skinny because I just came off of the flu. Goal weight! Goal weight!

As we're heading into the 2 year anniversary of having a coporate trip, I think we're about due! I wonder if it'll be Disneyland again!
Best game EVER!
Waiting in line for Buzz Lightyear…
Waiting in line for Buzz Lightyea…
Outside Its A Small World
Outside "It's A Small World"
Hardcore N.Y. Stuy kids
Hardcore N.Y. Stuy kids
where they serve ice cream sundaes.
where they serve ice cream sundaes.
99 km (62 miles) traveled