On My Way to Cuba,Overnighting in Toronto

Toronto Travel Blog

November 21,2007

Today I tried to go about my day as normal, but I just couldn’t focus on my classes. My mind was all on Cuba. I had spent the last 3 weeks planning my dream trip and was nervous about the whole thing. I had managed to make a reservation for a Room In a Guesthouse 3 blocks away from the Habana Libre Hotel for 30 Cuban Pesos a night. I had re-packed like 10 times, because I wanted to Pack light but at the same time wanted to look my trip. My Friend Robin would be meeting me at this house since he would be arriving today in Havana. I left to JFK Airport at about 3pm to catch my 7:30 flight to Toronto. Normally JFK airport is total madness, lucky for me though everything went smoothly.No crazy Traffic Jams or Long Check in Lines.

Toronto Airport
I was all done in about 15 minutes. I was so restless I couldn’t sit still and just walked around the terminal till my flight departed. My Delta Airlines flight was uneventful. It was on a small commuter airplane and flying time took about 45 minutes, Before we knew it we were Landing in Toronto Pearson Airport. Upon arrival Lines at Passport control were very long due to the fact a jumbo jet from Korea had just arrived, but the line went quickly. Since I just had a carry-on bag I did not have to wait at the Baggage carrousel. Upon exciting I felt the Cold Air hit my face and I was sure glad to be heading to warm Cuba the next day. I spent the night at at the Marriott Toronto Airport Hotel which was quite nice and comfy. I had Sushi for dinner and just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Marriott Hotel Toronto Airport