Warsaw - the last stop

Warsaw Travel Blog

Sigismung III Vasa column
Well, my vacation is almost over.  I´m waiting to go to the airport for my flight back to Thailand.  Warsaw was a good last stop.  I was a little too tired to try out the night life, but I walked around the city today to see the Old Town and surrounding areas.  My hostel was about a 30 minute walk south by southwest away from Old Town so it afforded a good opportunity to see some stuff along the walk there.  Again the old town was your typical little European enclave which is a good thing.  Being Sunday, there were alot of people just getting out of church and people just hanging out.  I really liked the Monument to the Warsaw Uprising.  The figures kind of reminded me of the Korean War Memorial in Washington, DC.  The Saxon Gardens was a nice little park.  The highlight of the place is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  Just like the one in the US, it is constantly guarded by soldiers.  I missed the big changing of the guard at noon, but saw the one an hour later.  After walking around, I had a nice little Polish plate of perogi (sp?) with some homemade beer at a microbrewery.  That was a perfect way to finish off my stay in Poland.  Well, it´s back to work and I am going to miss not having a schedule.
Polish Army Field Cathedral