Prague and Krakow

Krakow Travel Blog

Old Jewish District in Prague
So I spent the better part of yesterday in Prague, which is never a bad thing.  It had been a little over 18 months since I was last in Prague and it is still awesome.  I wish I had more time in the city, but at least I got to stop there.  I didn´t do too many touristy things, just visited the Jewish district since I missed it my first time here.  After that, I walked around town and hung out at cafes.  I managed to squeeze in a stop a U Fleku, which is always cool.  Unfortunately, that stop caused me to miss my train to Krakow.  Since I had a Eurorail pass, though it was no problem getting on another train - even though it wasn´t in a sleeper cabin and I had to switch trains in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.
Old Jewish District in Prague
  But hey, that´s what makes traveling fun.  On the plus side, it gave me a few more hours in Prague.  I arrived here in Krakow bright and early in the morning.  Since I couldn´t check into my hostel yet, I dropped off my bags and hit the old town area.  I love the town squares here in Europe, and this one didn´t disappoint.  I walked around for a while until I could check in, and proceeded to take a much needed shower and a bit of relaxation.  It is a little hard to sleep on a train when nervous about sleeping through your stop.  That evening I wondered about looking for a place to kick it and ended up hanging out at a pizza place w/ an Arab-themed shisha club in the basement.  It was really cool and I even had an encounter with a drunk, middle-aged Norwegian woman.  She and her group were drinking outside and apparently the site of someone having a beer alone made her want to hang out with me.  I found the whole thing rather interesting.  Downstairs in the shisha club I enjoyed some smoking and beer then proceeded to hang out with the only other people in my section of the bar - two bartenders and a couple of Ukranian hookers.  What can I say, I was bored and figured it would be an entertaining conversation.  I headed back to the hostel to pass out and get ready for a day of touring around the city.
Band at U Fleku in Prague