A Night Out in Manila

Manila Travel Blog

Mall of Asia

I met up with Seb again at a mall to see a movie. He brought with him 2 Chinese friends staying in the same hostel, which is just a few steps from the mall. We saw Wall-E, which was cute in an 'awww' type of way, but rather boring (nice theme, though).

After the movie, around 1AM, we went to a Chinese restaurant to get something to eat. I was pretty hungry, but we ordered too much between the four of us. It was also kinda embarrassing to show my lack of chopsticks skills in front of the Chinese, and my futile attempts to learn how to use them. The food was good, though.

At around 2AM, the Chinese lady left us boys and went to sleep, so we headed somewhere to drink. Our first stop was a bar with a rather loud music. I ordered a beer and a couple of cocktails. Our Chinese friend was already sleepy and could barely keep his eyes open (not that you'd know the difference), so after we finished our drinks, we took him to the hostel.
sunset at Manila Bay
We then went to another bar and had a few more drinks. We left at past 5 in the morning.

Our flight was at 7AM, but we're both already packed. So, we decided to walk towards Manila Bay to let the morning breeze 'wash' the alcohol away from our system. We walked for about an hour before we separated ways. I almost got emotional, but then I remembered that we're gonna see each other again at the airport in an hour, and we're going to Palawan together!

Wow, something must be wrong with me.

Note: The photos were taken by Sebastian, but I thought they're rather nice, so I posted them nonetheless.

view from Sebs hostel