Did I Just Die?

El Nido Travel Blog

Bacuit Bay

I think I slept for a little bit after the flat tire fiasco. Then, when I opened my eyes...

...I was greeted by the most amazing view I've seen in my life! Towering limestone cliffs over turquoise water, and it was the real thing, not some Lonely Planet bull! I was in heaven! I've been daydreaming of this place for so long, and seeing photos only strengthened my desire to go. But in that moment, everything's right in front of me, or to be exact, outside Seb's window. Damn, I should have taken his seat! And worse, the bastard was sleeping, and he's the one with a camera! Wake up, Sebastiaaan! Okay, whatever. I'll just wait til we get to El Nido to have my fill of the heavenly views. I just couldn't believe I was about to see and be in my top dream destination in the Philippines.
the town beach

Finally, we arrived in the very, very small town of El Nido. Nothing reflects the smallness of the town more than the 'bus terminal', which was just a vacant piece of dusty lot. A French couple who boarded the bus some time during the trip told us of a place that their friends recommended to them, so we decided to check it out ourselves. So, Seb and I got in a small tricycle built for hobbits, while the girls took another one. After what seemed like forever (as in, 1 minute), we were there! So, we went inside the 'house', removed our flip-flops, and went up to the second floor to talk to the caretaker. Seb and I got ourselves a room while the girls pondered whether to take one for themselves or look for another place. I still can't remember the name of the place where we stayed, but as soon as I do, I'll update this and write a review.
locals

After unpacking, waiting for our turn in the bathroom and getting a much-needed shower (oh yes, very much needed!), we went hunting for food. The El Nido Boutique and Art Cafe was the chosen victim, so we went there and found the girls already eating. After our dinner together, Tessa's German friends, Timo and Lina, came. After we all got introduced, and the Germans had their dinner, we booked an island-hopping tour for the following day. It was tough choosing between the different set of tours being offered (please see the review in the next entry), but since the majority wanted some underwater action, we chose the one that included good snorkeling sites. Then, off to our respective guesthouses. I felt very sleepy and exhausted after our long day aboard the hell bus, so it's bed time for me.

Before I completely succumbed to sleep, it suddenly hit me - I am in El Nido! I'm in freaking El Nido! Waaa!!!

JeAr says:
onga eh... uulitin talaga yan :)
Posted on: Feb 09, 2009
blurbmoi says:
saya friend, i can definitely imagine the excitement:-)
Posted on: Feb 08, 2009
JeAr says:
ah ganun ba? sabagay, maganda yan i-enjoy pag may kasama... buti nga may nahanap ako ng travel mates eh :)
Posted on: Dec 10, 2008