Puerto Princesa Travel Blog

 › entry 12 of 13 › view all entries

We arrived in Puerto Princesa an hour and a half later, wooopeee! Our van stopped at the same terminal where Seb and I took a bus to El Nido, so it was a full circle for me, I guess.

So, since I still had an hour to spare, I decided to eat first. So, I went to the tricycle line and went in, but the driver told me to take the next one instead, which got me confused since he was the first in line. Then, a Japanese couple (or maybe Korean?) from my van approached the tricycle, and the cheeky driver naturally preferred them over me. Awww, guess he thought he could ask for a higher fare from them. Can't really blame the asshole.

So, I got on the next one, but I somehow had a bad feeling about the driver, because he was hoping to get the Japs, and there he was, stuck with a mere Filipino. Life was so unfair, tsk tsk tsk. I told him to take me to Jollibee, which was not very far from the terminal. But when I saw a Shakey's, I decided to eat there instead. Then, when I gave him P20, he said I needed to pay for the rest of the seats, which was a total of P60. Duh, a single trip fare to anywhere in PP was P8, so P20 was more than enough. But oh well, he got me where I needed to be, so I gave him what he wanted, but not until I gave him a look that I'm pretty sure he remembered for the rest of his... day. :D

After a quick bite at Shakey's, I took another tricyle to the airport, this time paying only P10. I still had a lot of time to kill, so I decided to take a nap at the very basic, crowded and noisy waiting area inside the very basic airport terminal. Then, an announcement was made - my flight would be delayed for 15 minutes. Oh well, what's new. Guess 15 minutes wouldn't hurt me. Back to sleeping.

Next thing I knew, our plane was there and ready for boarding! I was about to truly leave Palawan - oh damn, I need my Kleenex again! :(

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Puerto Princesa
photo by: tj1777