I made it to Adelaide

Adelaide Travel Blog

train station/casino

...after a very long and boring  bus trip! After my first and probably last experience on a train in Melbourne. It was full of crazy people and one lady even came and sat with me so I could show her how to use her phone. She was on drugs as well I am pretty sure because she wouldn't stop yelling and telling me how she had to go get her baby (her 13 year old daughter that she was trying to call) off the streets. And then after she talked to her she would just start yelling again about her baby and how her brother was dead. Then she would repeat everything she had just told me and ask how to use her phone!! It was strange and no one on the train saved me!! oh well I am alive.

old buildings in adelaide
  I left from Melbourne at about 8:30pm. We watched rush hour 3 and then stopped at a truck stop at about 11:30. I got a sausage roll with tomato sauce. It was delicous. Then we drove some more and I kind of slept but not really until the next half hour break where i managed to find a comfy possition across both seats and then kind of slept for about 3 hours. We got into the Adelaide bus station at around 6 something. I don't really know what time is was at though. You know what is weird about Adelaide? Their time is half an hour behind from Melbourne and Sydney and that coast and I think an hour and a half ahead of Perth. What differnce does that half an hour make? I don't know! So anyways the lockers for bags at the bus station were like $25 for over 5 hours of storage and I needed it longer then that so I just went over to the Adelaide YHA and told them I would be staying there on saturday and just wondering if I could store my bag there for a couple hours because the bus station was way too expensive.
They said it wasn't a problem and the guy was like how could we say no to a smile like that?! haha awesome. So I have been walking around Adelaide for no reason to waste time. It is 9:20 now and I am going to head over to the markets (if I cant find them I am bad at reading maps) and buy some food cuz I am starving. After that I have no idea what I am going to do... either go shopping or get my bag and have a nap in the bus station. My bus doesn't leave until 3:45 to go to the ferry. Such a long time!! I asked the man at the bus station if there was an earlier bus and he said I had just missed the early one. He told me I could get a taxi that would cost $180 and I said no thanks I will wait until 3! So ya that is my day so far. My hands are FROZEN! it is pretty cold here and the last couple days in Melbourne were freezing as well.
We even turned the heater on in the house! I can't wait to go up north where it will be too hot! But ya after my couple days on Kangaroo Island I will right about them and it will be more interesting then this!
oh ya I also wanted to mention that over my 2 trips to Australia I have been to all but 2 states I think. I haven't been to Western Australia or Tasmania yet but plan on going to both! how cool! oh ya and I haven't been to ACT yet but I plan to do a mini road trip there sometime in the summer to visit a friend from the mountains that moved there. Plus how does that really count? It's so small and only there for Canberra!

swan thing
swan thing
cute bridge... apparently this riv…
cute bridge... apparently this ri…
Adelaide