Homeward Bound

Melbourne Travel Blog

Menindee Lakes NP
After an interrupted nights sleep as a result of some drunk two doors down from our room waking me up at 3am with his TV full blast.  I got out of bed to investigate the noise and found this bloke passed out on his bed with bottle still in hand!, his door wide open and the TV full volumn,  I can only imagine he fell asleep on his remote. Anyway I went into his room and turned off his TV.   The next morning the same bloke had woken up early and was talking rather loudly on his mobile. Well I guess that's the price you pay for staying in cheap motels.  We had received a phone call the previous day from our friend Scott and it turned out he and his partner Manuela were heading to Rochester (Victoria) today to spend the weekend at his parents. So instead of our original plan of staying in Mildura on the Victorian border tonight to break up the journey home we would take a different route and stay in Rochester.  It was going to be a long drive today around 800k's. We stopped at Menindee Lakes on the way which was far from a lake it was dried up and a very dusty National Park.  As we headed further south we were leaving behind the outback where we saw heaps of Emus' and were moving into farming country, at one point we drove through a very impressive dust storm! We got to Scott's parents farm just before Tea and had a great time catching up with everyone.  The next day was our last leg home of only a 3 hour drive and was the end of this wonderful journey.
photo by: jendara