Mandy visits Bahrain. Tour of Bahrain Fort.

Manama Travel Blog

Mandy came and visited Bahrain. It was part of her "half way around the world trip." She arrived in Bahrain on the 28 Feb. And spent 3 days in Bahrain. Unfortunately I had to work during the day, so tried to show her as much of the city as I could during night time when I got back from work.

Mandy managed to keep herself entertained during the day. She saw the Grand Mosque, Bab al Bahrain (The biggest souq in Bahrain) and the Bahrain National Museum.

On Mandy's first night when she arrived by plane, she was very tired as she hadn't slept for 24 hours. So I took her straight to the apartment, showed her her room. Then I quickly cooked her some dinner, Chicken Stir Fry (South African version). Then she was fast asleep and gone to dreamland.

On her second night I took her to City Centre Shopping Mall.
Mandy walking through the passage.
This is one of the many shopping centres in Bahrain, and is actualy the newest one. So we walked around looking at all the shops, then we had dinner there at Shwama Express.

For Mandy's last night in Bahrain I had wanted to take her to the "Tree of Life" but by the time I got back from work it would be dark already. And we would have a lot of traffic to deal with getting there. And the road through the desert to the Tree of Life is not the safest at night. So I decided to take her to Bahrain Fort. I had never been before so this would be my first time as well. I knew roughly what area of the city it was in, but didn't know exactly where it was. So we had an interesting time finding the fort. Luckily we had a GPS so managed to find it that way but without it it wouldn't have been possible to find the fort.
As there are no signs showing the way to the Fort.

We were arriving at the fort at night, but I had heard that they have lights lighting up the whole Fort so that you can still see it and are allowed to explore it. But I started feeling a little suspicious as we arrived. We were the only two people there, so we had the Fort to ourselves, but were we allowed to be there? We decided to start exploring anyway. And we saw 1 Security guard making his rounds but he just gave us a friendly greeting. Ok so we can be here, good.

The Fort looks very nice with all its lights at night and it is an experience to see it at night.

After exploring the Fort I then took Mandy to Seef Mall (Bahrains biggest shopping mall). And we had Dinner there.

The next day Mandy was going to Dubai on the next leg of her trip. So I drove her to the airport. I was sorry and sad to see her go. I wish that she could have stayed in Bahrain for longer.

Mandy, I look forward to seeing you again in Australia :)
Frostbourne says:
No I haven't. But someone else must have, as those comments have disappeared.

Haha. Well I didn't see the sign, we were too busy following the directions from the GPS. Mandy was a good co driver/ navigator :) As she was holding the GPS.
Posted on: Mar 06, 2009
sarahelaine says:
Hiya! I went to the fort the other day - there is one sign, but it's very small! I'd never have fond it but my friend here has local friends who showed us the way.

have you reported that profile as spam?
Posted on: Mar 06, 2009
Frostbourne says:
Grrrr!!
Posted on: Mar 05, 2009
Mandy walking through the passage.
Front entrance to the fort.
Front entrance to the fort.
Passage
Passage
A model of the Fort.
A model of the Fort.
Roof of 1 of the rooms.
Roof of 1 of the rooms.
A different roof.
A different roof.
I dunno what this building is?
I dunno what this building is?
Manama